Friday, October 26, 2012

#8 Boy-Crazy Stacey

Who needs baby-sitting when there are boys around!

The Jessi: This was one of my absolute favorites, I read it so many times growing up that it started falling apart and is now missing pages. Every first day of summer I would read either this or Mary Anne and Too Many boys, or both. I loved the Sea City books. They always made me want to go to the beach and I would read them in the middle of winter when I needed a little beach time.

The Mal: This book starts with Stacey being nervous about going over to Kristy's new mansion. When she gets there she realizes it's still the same Kristy as ever and everybody has fun at their party. They talk about their vacations that they're going on. Stacey and Mary Anne are very excited to accompany the Pikes on their trip to Sea City as mother's helpers. When Stacey and MA arrive at the Pikes the morning of the trip everything is hectic. Once things are in order, they set out on the road. Of course with 8 children, the car ride is not peaceful and there is a war between the two cars. They finally arrive in Sea City. As they go for a walk on the beach, Stacey spots the most gorgeous lifeguard ever. The next morning everyone goes to the beach. Mary Anne notices a boy mother's helper and Stacey keeps her eye out for the hot lifeguard she saw the night before. They both notice that Byron won't really go in the water. In the afternoon, the hunk of a lifeguard makes an appearance and Stacey talks to him. The rest of the day Stacey spends fawning over Scott and doing favors for him. The next day Scott isn't on duty so the girls take the kids into town. While there they visit Burger Garden, the boardwalk and Ice Cream Palace. They also discover that Mary Anne has developed a serious sunburn. The next day Stacey spends worshiping Scott again. Mary Anne gets mad and yells at her but Stacey doesn't understand why she would be mad because she's in luv. Kristy has a sitting disaster when her younger siblings wash her stepdad's car with steel wool. A few days later, the Pikes give Mary Anne and Stacey the night off. They decide to visit the boardwalk. While they're there Stacey buys Scott an expensive box of candies and almost immediately after buying it finds him making out with another girl. She is heartbroken and runs home crying. The next day, Stacey is too embarrassed to go to the beach and face Scott so she pretends to have a headache and stays home. Byron decides to stay home with her. They go for a walk in the afternoon and talk about Byron's fear of water. They both decide to face their fears and go back to the beach. A few days later, Stacey meets another boy and falls in luv. His name is Toby and he is the cousin to the boy mother's helper that Mary Anne has been talking to. At the end of the week Mary Anne and Stacey go on a double date with Toby and Alex. They all have a great time and Stacey gets her first kiss in the Tunnel of Luv. They return to Stoneybrook and think about the wonderful time they had.

The Stacey: Number of times Stacey falls in LUV- 2, Amount of money she spends on chocolate for Scott- $10, Number of times I've read this in my life- Enough to know that Gurber Garden has the best Crazy Sauce on this planet.

The Dawn: The whole Stacey falling in love multiple times in 2 weeks screams teenage girl. I know everybody thinks Stacey is this little skank but she's one of my favorites and I love when her and Toby finally get together in the Tunnel of Luv. Totally makes me wish those things were still around. I also like that we get to learn more about Byron in this one because I feel like with the triplets they just seem to be one character without any separate identities but in this book they expand and show their different sides.

The Claudia: Stacy says "Mary Anne couldn't find anything of her own that she really liked, so I loaned her my yellow pedalpushers, a yellow and white striped tank top, and an oversized white jacket." I always thought this outfit was so cute when I was younger and it's about time we featured a Mary Anne outfit on here.


The Mary Anne: When they go to Kristy's house at the first of the book, she is siting on her porch reading People. I don't see Kristy as a People kind of person, it just doesn't fit her. I doubt she cares about the celebrities in it but whatever. I love all the postcard writing going back and forth. I always wanted to write people postcards while I was on vacation but it never happened. Curse me being born at the beginning of the technology era. I will forever think of Sea City as the original Jersey Shore. I remember in like 7th grade my friend used Sun-Lite in her hair and I was so jealous because she was one step closer to being Stacey than I was. Is it just me or does a Crazy Burger sound good? I always wanted one really badly, which is weird because I don't even like hamburgers, I think it was just the idea of it. When it tells about Mary Anne's sunburn I flinch every time. Probably because me, being the little albino skinned girl that I am, have suffered waaay too many painful blistering sunburns in my life and know exactly how she's feeling.

The Kristy: I don't think I can even tell you how much I love this book. I can't even tell you why I love it so much. I just do. So to avoid this being a little gush-fest we're just going to rate this a 9,328,895,238 out of 5. Ok? Sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment